Five dollars for Manolo Blahnick’s? – that’s right. Do I have your attention now? Usually fit for commoners as weddings splurges, the coveted Manolo heel is a classic in high style that eludes many closets based on their price. However, for less than a Starbucks latte you can have the same style as Carrie Bradshaw on a Sunday.
Okay – so I tricked you. You can’t get Manolo Blahnick’s literally for less than five dollars – or least i don’t know where you would find such a place & if I did I would definitely be too selfish to share. However, for a trip into your craft drawer & an old necklace that needs a new life – you can create custom shoe clips that create the same iconic look.
Hot Glue Gun
- Gather your materials and plug in that hot glue gun.
- Cut a piece of felt into the desired shape. Mine was a circle (as seen to the left).
- Once you have decided on the configuration of your gems, hot glue
them in place
- I trimmed around the edges of my shoe clip design to remove the excess felt.
- Taking one earring backing, glue the flat side to the top of your statement piece, as seen below.
- Clip onto your shoes !
I really love these shoe clips because they give a new look to a shoe without ruining it. This means you don’t have to commit to a style. The options are limitless with what belongs on a shoe clip. This could range from pom-poms to bows. ….& the best part is if you only wear it once, it cost you less than last night’s uber.
& If you’re not crafDIY like me, here are some really great bedazzled shoes: